Sunday, June 16, 2013

Here goes nothing...

So here I go.  Not really sure what I'm doing here, but I'm going to try my hand at blogging.

As you may, or may not know, my family and I  (husband Mike, 8 year old daughter and 6 year old son) are moving to the Düsseldorf area of Germany sometime in August.  So far, we officially know the school that the kids will be attending and that is all that's official.  Mike & I are headed to Germany for a week in July to find housing, open bank accounts, set up cell phones etc.  And just get generally familiar with the area. 

This week the moving companies are also coming for quotes on shipping our stuff.  Keep in mind of course that since we don't know where we will be living, we can only make educated guesses as to what we will need when we get there.  Should be an interesting meeting. 

Also, the kids start their German lessons this week.  I can't even imagine how you start teaching a 6 year old boy to speak German.  (sprechen Sie MineCraft in Deutsch?)

No comments:

Post a Comment